Last Updated: May 10, 2020
This document outlines how SeeKindness Social LLP (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) collects, uses and interacts with your data and information when you use Our Services (as defined below).
We will not share your data unless you’ve given Us permission, we’ve told you in advance, we’ve aggregated it and removed any information that would identify you, or legal rights are affected.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of Our Services and any assigned account (“Account”) used in connection with the Services and includes, but is not limited to, any new features which are added to the current Service, or any related content, services or products provided by Us. The Services are owned and operated by SeeKindness LLP and are offered subject to your acceptance of all of the terms contained herein and all other operating rules, policies (including, without limitation, Our Terms of Service) and procedures that may be published by Us from time to time through Our website or through any of Our subdomains (collectively, the “Site”).
“Account” means an account created when an individual, company or other entity, or any representative of such, signs up for Services with Us, with a username and password. Accounts can either be free (“Free Subscriptions”) or paid (“Paid Subscriptions”). Your Account includes your Account Information (as defined below) and its Content;
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual or entity. Personal information does not include information that cannot be attributed to you as an identifiable individual, such as information of an aggregate or anonymous nature. In the context of the Services, examples of personal information may include, without limitation:
- the account owner’s name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card or payment information or other account information;
- communication preferences;
- information contained in Our correspondence and other information that you send to Us;
- unique identifiers, such as a User name or password, or mobile device identification numbers;
- all User-generated data, images, video recordings, and any other data attributable to an identifiable individual;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, location information, information collected through cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and other technologies;
- Standard Server Log Information; and
- additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent;
“Services” means the SeeKindness platform/application, and all features therein, including but not limited to: SeeKindness’ application program interface (“API”), any related software produced by SeeKindness Social LLP for the SeeKindness platform, the SeeKindness website, located at seekindness.org, any other associated websites, webpages, apps, products or services that may be added from time to time and any other websites, apps, platforms, products and other services offered by SeeKindness Social LLP from time to time to the extent they, themselves, have their own terms and conditions;
“Third-Party Provider” means entities that are not SeeKindness Social LLP but that provide SeeKindness Social LLP with services that you may use or access in using Our Services, or that We use in providing Our Services to you; and
“User” means any person or entity that uses Our Services, regardless of whether the use is free or paid.
- Data We Collect
2.1 Log Data
When you use Our Services, Our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page and other details.
2.2 Device Data
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access Our Services. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What We collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to Us.
2.3 Personal information
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- social media profiles;
- date of birth;
- phone/mobile number;
- home/mailing address;
- work address;
- website address;
- payment information, including credit card information;
- driver’s license details; and
- passport number.
2.4 Business Data
“Business Data” refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on Our Services. This may include posts, geolocation information, usage data, transaction records, stored files, User profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as Users interact with Our Services, including, but not limited to, the use of Our posting services.
2.5 Personal Information Made Aggregate or Anonymous
To the extent that We make any of your personal information anonymous, or aggregates it with the personal information of others such that it can no longer be attributed to you, your information will no longer be considered to be personal information and We are entitled to use, retain, disclose and destroy such information in its absolute discretion.
- Choice and Consent.
If you voluntarily provide your personal information to Us for a particular purpose, you provide implied consent to the collection, retention, use and disclosure of your personal information for that purpose so long as it is reasonable that a person would voluntarily provide that information.
In certain circumstances, including, without limitation, certain legal, medical or security issues, We may be authorized or required by law to disclose your personal information without seeking or obtaining your knowledge or consent.
Where you consent to Our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
- Collection and Use of Information
We may collect, use and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with Our platform’s core features;
- to process any payments;
- to enable you to access and use Our website, associated applications and associated APIs;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve Our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about Our products and services and information about third parties that We consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with Our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that We may have.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to various third-parties, including:
- Third-Party Providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) complimentary application providers, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities; as necessary to:
a) process your User-generated meeting data by any means necessary in order to create meeting documents of said data; or
b) process your User-generated audio and text recordings by any means necessary in order to create text transcripts of said recordings; or
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings,
- In the event that We go through a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition with or buy another company, your information will, in most cases, be transferred to the new company
third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist Us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
- We use Third-Party Providers as part of delivering Our Services. These Third-Party Providers provide Us with services including, but not limited to, advertising, referral, operations, legal and technology services (for example, hosting). We require each Third-Party Provider to enter into a written agreement with Us by which they agree to protect the confidentiality and security of your data, and use your data only on Our behalf and only in the way which We permit in the written agreement.
We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your physical and electronic personal information using the industry’s best practices.
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While We retain this information, We will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Your information is held in secured servers. Unfortunately, despite all aforementioned technology and security features, no data transmitted over the internet is 100% secure. We cannot give absolute assurance that the information you provide Us is secured at all times, and We are not responsible for unauthorized access to your personal information. If you are aware of any security breach, please let Us know as soon as possible by contacting email@example.com
- Retention and destruction of personal information
We may retain your personal information for as long as it reasonably requires your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for legal or business purposes. For example, We may retain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction or to keep records for legal or business purposes.
Once We no longer require your personal information for the purposes it was collected for, as well as for legal or business purposes, We will either destroy the records under Our custody or control containing your personal information or We will render your personal information anonymous so that it can no longer be used to identify you.
- Changes to this Policy